‘Cookie’ is a name for a small file which is downloaded onto your computer, mobile phone or tablet when you visit a website.
They let websites recognise your device, so that sites can work more effectively, and also gather information about how you use the site. Personal information is not gathered and cookies cannot harm your computer.
- remember certain information about users so they don’t have to repeatedly give the same information
- recognise if users are already logged in to certain areas of the website
- understand how people use the website so we can continually improve functionality and performance of the website.
Cookies are important to the way our website works and how we look to continually improve your experience of the site and how we offer and supply information.
Cookies are categorised by the International Chamber of Commerce in their UK Cookie Guide
We use three categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary – essential for movement around the website and to use it’s features
- Performance – gathers anonymous information about use of the site for instance which pages have been visited most.
- Functionality – gathers information to remember choices you have made to improve your experience such as location or font size.
You can opt out of all cookies apart from those classified as strictly necessary.
For more information about controlling or deleting cookies select www.aboutcookies.org/
You should be aware that if you choose not to select cookies this may impact on the way our website will operate.